Monday, November 14, 2011

Super Short NaNo Update

I just spent most of the morning organizing the nearly 12,000 words I had so far written, because I was getting lost in them. I have a more traditional outline going now and discovered something both funny and overwhelming. The first pages I wrote on November 1st were literally the MIDDLE of my book. I've been pushing to catch up with them and just when I thought I was getting close, I realized that I have three whole chapters more to write just to catch up to them. Not to mention the string of unfinished and half written chapters before that. The good news: When I catch up, I bet I'm close to 25,000 words. The bad news: That surely won't be today. How are you guys doing?

3 comments:

BethJ said...

I would love to get to 10,000 words tonight. If I can get the kids to bed early, it just might happen.

Jennie Bailey said...

I'm just over 16,000 words. I'm writing in order, though I have post-it notes all over our den so I don't forget plot points that I want to hit and don't lose track of certain things that need to be tied up.

jldy said...

I am really enjoying the outlining process right now. It feels 3 dimensional, like I'm sculpting and shaping a story.