Thursday, November 3, 2011

NaNo Ideas

So, I got a little distracted today. It's still early, so we'll see what I can pull out of my literary hat yet. Basically, I had to run an errand at the mall and suddenly found myself with peppermint mocha in hand, fingering pretty sequined dresses and fair isle sweaters. It just felt good to be walking and interacting with other human beings - I hadn't left the house in...what day is it?...yikes, 6 days. Okay, so maybe getting distracted was necessary today. Still, I have only 450 words so far and I've discovered that I need to write a song. One with old, meaningful lyrics that are somehow important to the story. Well, while I work on that, here are a few sites that are going around on twitter that might help us:

Emotion chart: if you realize you're using the same one over and over, check this out.

If you need a pep talk this is fun.

Tips from Anthony Francis, Jr: 6 time NaNo winner. Chris Baty tweeted this himself.


Words of Inspiration:

From the fabulous Pat Blogahan (Lead Vocalist of Train):
Autumn is probably my favorite time of year. The colors mean everything to me. I’ve always felt like autumn inside. Leaves, which are green and unnoticed for much of their life spans, become vibrant and filled with personality and reason to pay attention.
Its a reminder that you can’t ever expect anyone to know your potential. Only you know your potential. Only you know what your capable of and what your boundaries and limitations are.



Happy Writing!

2 comments:

Jessica Lindsay said...

Long Live Peppermint Mochas!
:)
No NaNo today for me. I had to fill out the form for FAFSA, register for classes, then pay bills--oh, and I also forgot my NaNo notebook at school. So I'm something like 3500 words behind. But I'm not worried. :)It'll all work out, right?

How's the song coming?

jldy said...

Hooray for school! (picture me waving pom poms and throwing confetti!)

I got a couple phrases for the song. So far, that's all I need. I'm hoping I'll dream of something brilliant tonight. :) 3500 words? You can totally catch up! I BELIEVE!!!!

How about you and I do our own live-blog bet? I know it's super tricky with an out-of-this-world-adorable 2 year old, but we can set ridiculous goals and bet silly things. What do you think? Anyone else want in? Let's pick a day!