Sunday, November 6, 2011

NaNo Day 6 Live-Blog

8:27a: *rolls over and looks at the clock* I'm not sure if it's really 8:27 or 7:27. Thanks Daylight Savings...

7:50a: Yep, it was 7:27. I need coffee.

8:18a: Coffee is brewing and I'm blogging. Two more minutes to check facebook/emails, then time to write.

8:45a: Two minutes turned into twelve. However, dishwasher is now emptied and coffee is in hand. Hubby is making breakfast (hooray) so I need to get a few hundred words written before that's ready...

8:54a: Name! A Name! I need to name this beautiful boy!!

Word Count: 30

9:11a: Still no name. I'm about to just write 'boy'.

Word Count: 217

10:35a: Fed, showered, and moved to a less distracting writing area.

Word Count: Same. But wait till you see the next update....

11:18a: Plodding through a difficult section. I'm starting to get worried.

Word Count: 425, but I have a good 10 hours or more. That's just 408 words an hour. I can do this, I can do this...

11:40a: A Name! I found a name!!!

11:52a: Hubby will be leaving for work soon. I'll be in need of a cheering section, if you're up for it:

Word Count: 582

11:58a: SOMEBODY MAKE TIME SLOW DOWN!!!!!

12:06p: If I make it to 1000, I can get a snack. Yeah, I'm bargaining now.

Word Count: 708

12:30p: So, maybe the threat of food works...or maybe I've gotten past the trickier part. Either way, it's time for lunch

Word Count: 1011!!!

12:59p: Quick snack. Furious typing and a phone call.

Word Count: 1111. Hehehe. That's fun.

1:13p: Hitting a stride, but 4500 seems so far away...

Word Count:1322.

1:43p: Just found an invisible staircase. Huh, didn't know that was there...

Word Count:1611

2:11p: Car alarm made me jump out of my skin. Hahaha! Well, maybe you had to be here.

Word Count: 1865

2:29p: My cat is whining pathetically outside the door. Time for a break.

Word Count: 2012!!!!! (that reminds me, isn't the world supposed to end soon?)

3:47p: Snacked a little - there's nothing really in the house to snack on, so I settled for a couple of pickles. Must put grocery shopping on the list of things to do tomorrow. Rested a little and watched one episode of Ugly Betty. :) Now we're back to it.

Word Count: 2208

3:48p: I'm at a crossroads. Not sure what to write next. Finished one thought and I know what happens next on one side, but not on the other...Need coffee.

3:50p: *watches coffee pot slowly drip*

3:51p: *wonders why she's loosing followers on twitter* (couldn't have anything to do with the nonsense going on here, right? This is riveting stuff!)

3:55p: Finally! Coffee!!

Word Count: Same. But I'm on my way to being caffeinated and am wearing jingle bell rings to keep we alert. Now if the phone would just stop ringing...

5:03p: The good news. I'm half way to my overall goal today. I've worked some more on the outline and I'm starting to think I'll have no problem getting to 50,000 eventually. (It's a surprisingly complicated plot.) The bad news. It's after 5 and I'm only half done! It's been 8 hours already! Mini Goal: 3000 words before dinner.

Word Count: 2268 (yes, that's right. only 60 words written in the last 2 1/2 hours. Yikes.

5:09p: I mentioned dinner. Now all I can think about is dinner. Mmmm yummy dinner.

5:35p: Got my groove back:

Word Count: 2598! Let's do this. Can I get a Hell Yeah?! *raises hand to ear*

(cricket, cricket)

6:12p: Word Count: 3020! Time to eat!

7:39p: Took more time than I probably should have. But I watched the Packers win! Now I'm looking for a third wind. Could so use a pep talk, but I've already read NaNo's twice.

7:56p: Plodding along. Words, words, words...The stories moving, but I'm not so worried about the sentence quality right now.

Word Count: 3245

8:13p: So tired, so very tired. Want to stop, really want to stop.

8:17p: Beth has joined the game! Hooray! We CAN do this! You're right, Beth! Go, Go, Go!!!!! (Note the use of exclamation points!!!)

Word Count: 3447

8:35p: Overall word count just crossed 9,000!!!!! Holy cow, I just might actually do this. Less than a thousand to go...ha!

Word Count: 3560

8:57p: I wasted a few minutes writing an email. Beth, you're totally going to beat me! :)

9:20p: Word Count 4021! I'm so going to do this! I'm so sick of sitting!!! So many things to exclaim! (so little time.)

Word Count: 3704. Under 800 to go...

9:35p: Word Count: 4159. Motivation slowing....Congrats Beth! So happy for you!!!

10:04p: In general, my whole body is getting shaky. I have a new found understanding of Stephanie's/Beth's Blog Bet.

Word Count: 4436. Break out the drum roll.... :)

10:14p: Bed Time (I'm singing it) Bed Time!!! So happy to sleep!!!

Word Count: 4575.

And I'm out. Wooo!!!! Thanks for taking the journey with me. I appreciate the support!

11 comments:

Jessica Lindsay said...

Last fall, I did something like this alone in a hotel. I took a day at the Copper Leaf to write, and I kept myself updated on word count and corresponding emotions in my journal.

I watched a LOT of TV that day, took a VERY long, hot bath in the hot tub, napped, ate a bag of york peppermint patties, a turkey sub, and some cheddar crunchies. Drank two or three beers. And wrote maybe 2000 words. :) Seriously, one of the funnest vacations I've every had.

4500 is seriously tough for us new writers. I'm giving you full permission to cheer like crazy and eat a bag of whatever you want when you hit 2500. :)

jldy said...

I believe a nap and a hot bath are both in my future. :) And probably an awkward, disjointed jog around our apartment complex - just to get the blood moving.

BethJ said...

The boys and I are cheering you on! We are excited with how much you have accomplished already today! You totally rock!

BethJ said...

Belatedly calling out, "Hell, yeah!" :)

BethJ said...

I decided to try to write half what your goal is for today, 2225. So far I'm at 1284. That would get me over 5000 words total, which is still seriously behind, but I'm trying not to let that get me down. I know we can do this!

BethJ said...

Now I'm at 1601. Plodding right along. :)

BethJ said...

1890! 335 words to go to meet my goal!

BethJ said...

I am stuck, but I only have 125 words left to meet my goal. Not thrilled with the last few hundred that I wrote, but that will have to be fixed later. :)

BethJ said...

I hit my goal! I'm now at 5433 words, so you are still way ahead of me in the big race to the finish! :)

BethJ said...

Thank you! I am so impressed with how much you have accomplished today! Serious kudos to you! :)

Jessica Lindsay said...

How hard do you rock, sister? Nicely done! I'm exhausted just reading your blog, so I can't imagine how you feel! Hope you are celebrating right now with some Ugly Betty and some jalapeno poppers. Awesome, awesome job!