Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Pictography

I hate writing first posts of a new blog. Do you explain your bloggish ideas? Do you write something shocking or clever? Well, I have no explanations to give and there is nothing shocking about what I do. Someone will have to tell me if it's clever.

Objective: Pumpkin pie from scratch.

The scariest thing I found about making pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin is getting the dang thing cut in half to roast it! Be aware of all fingers!



My ten reasons why Pumpkin Pie is better from a pumpkin than from a can:

10. Check out all those seeds! Those don't come in the can.

9. I know every ingredient I put in this pie. No surprises here.


8. Doesn't that just look like fall?


7. Extra pumpkin in my freezer for muffins!


(I was starting to get a little freaked out here: 
so very bright orange!)


6. Mmmm. Homemade crust. So simple. So yummy.


(So pretty!)


(I don't know if you can tell or not, but this is the consistency of water...)


(So thin...please set, please set, please set!)


(Major dilemma: How to get pie to oven from counter
with out covering the floor in pumpkin...)


(It involved some yoga moves and jedi mind tricks and
still it spilled. Trust me, you don't want to see those pictures!)


(Holy cow, it worked?!)


5. The consistency is super creamy!

4. It tastes ridiculous! So good.



3. Did I mention the pumpkin seeds? They're so good for you.

2. All that extra moisture kept it from peeling away from the crust.

And my last ditch effort to make you want to try it?!

1. It really is crazy easy!  


So there you have it. Plumfield's first project. It was a success (hooray!), but they probably won't all be so simple. "Failure is always an option" - Thank you Mythbusters for teaching life lessons.  

2 comments:

Jessica Lindsay said...

How fun is that??? Great first post. What inspired you? And whose recipe did you try? So glad you're up and running; can't wait til you can join us in the commenting world. ;)

Lorien's Leaf said...

Yummy! I wish I could come over and have some!