Thursday, October 20, 2011

Epic Author Live-Blog Battle

I have been doing a lot this week in preparation for NaNoWriMo 2011. Outlines, jumping jacks, and I figured out how to add a picometer to my little blogspot. (Hooray.) But nothing was so inspiring as watching two published authors take on each other in real time. I followed Beth Revis' and Stephanie Perkin's Live-Blog bet last night like my husband follows football.

Perhaps I need to get out of my house a little more...

An explanation: Beth and Stephanie apparently bet that Beth could write 15000 words in one week. Procrastinating like a champ, she had 8400 words to go and 24 hours left. (Can you feel the excitement?) Stephanie decides to do one better and write 15000 in one day. ONE DAY! Gauntlet thrown, challenge accepted.

Read Stephanie Perkin's story here.

Read Beth Revis' story here.

Now, I may have inadvertently tweeted some HBM pictures to Stephanie (for which I heartily apologize...or do I?) and thrown myself into the competition a little too much. (Seeing as how neither of these women know who I am...) However, they wrote a ridiculous number of words in one day and drew in a cheering crowd to boot!

I say NaNo needs some live-blog competitions this year. Anyone with me? I know not everyone responds to competition well, but I sure do. So bring it! Let's pick some days, some crazy word goals and get to it.

NaNoWriMo count down: 12 days to go...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah! Yay, glad you enjoyed!! And the best of luck during NaNo! I'm not going to be an official participant, but I DO have a feeling I'll be right there with you on race to add more words...

Jessica Lindsay said...

ooh--show me how to make that ometer-thing show up on my blog! :) I can't imagine writing 15000 in one day. One day? These women are intensely inspiring!

Jessica Lindsay said...

She tweeted you? Does that mean she talked back to you? Now, how does that work? See, now you need to show me -ometer-things AND how tweeting actually works. :)