Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas in the South

For all my pep talking and determination, I've spent the last several days in Christmas preparations. So fun. Shopping and wrapping and baking...at one point I caught myself running around the house with my cutie apron on, listing to Christmas jazz, and wondering when on earth I stepped back in time sixty years. I have an upcoming trip up to the in-laws and in an ever and on-going attempt to break the awkward, I decided that Christmas treats would be the way to go this year. So sugar cookies, gingerbread men, and peppermint bark are filling up my kitchen counter tops. 

It's not all prep, though. My husband and I have had the chance here and there to go out and see how South Carolina does Christmas. Especially beautiful was Brookgreen Garden's Night of 1,000 Candles. Here's a few pictures of the moonlit sculptures, Spanish moss, Christmas fairies, and (of course) candles.




















No comments: